In this blog post we want to introduce you to the Open Benchtable v1.1. The evolution an updated and upgraded version of the successful Open Benchtable launched almost two years ago. This upgraded version features the unified support bracket, unified rubber feets and a Kensington Security Slot.
The Open Benchtable family is about to add a new sibling; the OBT-Mini is taking shape and here is what you need to know about it.
About two years ago the idea to create a lightweight, versatile and portable bench bed took place with the collaboration of Streacom, HWBOT and OverClocking-TV. The following year at Computex the project got a release date; before the end of the summer. After a fast sell out of the first batch of limited Community Edition tables, we recently announced that a new batch is now shipping in silver, black and red colors.
The team is not stopping there and is working on a Mini-ITX sized version based on the successful design of the OBT (also known as BC1). Requests came from user groups in the Small Form Factor Community (SFF) for a small sized bench bed and open air solution. This triggered the creativity of the Open Benchtable design team.
This is our current vision of a Mini-ITX bench bed :
A Mini-ITX Open Benchtable – Tell Us What You Think
These are early pictures of the OBT Mini (BC1 Mini) prototype, which means it is the best time for you to give your feedback on the forum. As of now release date and pricing are unknown.
Want the Open Benchtable for your Micro-ATX, Full-size ATX and big motherboard ? The new batch in red, silver and black are shipping right now (while supply last)!
Open Benchtable Project
We designed a benchtable tailored to a globalized PC enthusiast world. It's sleek, light and easy to put together.
- VRM fan bracket by NOCTUA – Community projects
- Chinese New Year 2019 – Shipments delayed (edit)
- Benchy McBenchface by p0pe in the OBT podcast
- Introducing Open Benchtable v1.1: Unified Support Bracket, Upgraded Rubber Feet, Added Security Lock
- Chinese New Year 2018 – Shipments on hold from February 9 to 26
- 3D Print – Noctua 2x 60mm fan bracketJuly 26, 2019 - 12:05 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – 4 Small DMM BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:45 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – 120mm Fan BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:39 am
- 3D Print – Blank BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:33 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – Digital Voltmeter BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:26 am