The reason why we are open source
What you are allowed to do
All source files from the Open Benchtable are shared with the community under the Creative Commons -Attribution-Non Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. In simple terms, this means :
You are free to:
- Share — Copy and redistribute the source files in any medium or format.
- Adapt — Remix, transform, and build upon the source files.
Important: The Open Benchtable team cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the following license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if and what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the source files (original or modified) for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- Note: you are allowed to make accessories to the table design and make commercial use of these accessories only. You are not allowed to bundle these with a table.
Various colors and flavors
The source files of the Open Benchtable come under various formats. They are basically all identical tables but usable and inspected to ensure the files work in several of the most common CAD software at this time.
We provide files in the following formats:
- .stp (STEP) These are basically our originals.
- .x_t (PARASOLID) Native format for NX, SolidWorks and a number of other programs.
- You can open a .x_t file in SolidWorks for example without translating the data and save changes as .sldprt
- This is not available for all version yet.
- .skp (SKETCHUP) This is to make it easily editable in the best free CAD software you can find.
The files are provided ‘as is’, without any guarantee of support from us. Nevertheless, if you encounter issues or have any questions, you may be able to find some help on our forums.
Register as a creator and get started
In order to keep in touch with our community of Open Benchtable creators, we require your to register via the form below to download the files. You will receive the download link by email, as well as limited emails to keep in touch about future Open Benchtable creative news.
By submitting information through the form above, you are agreeing to the Open Benchtable source file license terms.
Open Benchtable Project
We designed a benchtable tailored to a globalized PC enthusiast world. It’s sleek, light and easy to put together.
It is considered “The Golden Standard of PC test benches”.
- BC1T Open Benchtable Pre-Order Now Available
- Introducing BC1T Open Benchtable, A New Member of the BC1 Open Benchtable Family
- Mid-Autumn Festival 2020 from Oct 1 to Oct 5 – Shipping Delayed
- LPC Debug Card With Power Buttons Free With Next 50 BC1
- Free Shipping Continues Despite COVID-19 Freight Cost Impact
- 3D Print – Noctua 2x 60mm fan bracketJuly 26, 2019 - 12:05 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – 4 Small DMM BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:45 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – 120mm Fan BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:39 am
- 3D Print – Blank BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:33 am
- PKKShadow3D Print – Digital Voltmeter BracketJuly 20, 2019 - 12:26 am