[3D-Print] Open Benchtable Vertical Stand
- Author: Shimsim
- License: Creative Common CC-BY-NC-SA v4.0
- Description: 3D printed vertical stand that allows the BC1 open benchtable to stand upright
- Downloads: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VwCrNqFhw9xj9c4nezVuAbvHq5KDZvvh?usp=sharing
- Support forum: Vertical Stand Official support thread
The Streacom BC1 Open Benchtable was designed to sit horizontally on a table but increasingly there are a number of people that are using it in the vertical orientation for videos and photography as its easier to view the hardware installed. Whilst the BC1 can stand vertically, it was not specifically designed for this and if knocked forward, could tip over damaging both the BC1 and hardware installed. Additionally, resting the BC1 on its side might over time damage the edge or the table its resting on.
As the BC1 is designed to be an Open project and moddable though 3D printable add-ons, the obvious solution was to design some add-on feet which would solve this problem. The vertical feet designed has achieved the following…
- Stop the BC1 from being able to tilt forward. The left side foot of the BC1 already provides support to prevent back tilt.
- Raise the side of the BC1 away from the table to prevent any damage to the BC1 or the table surface.
- Does not require any additional screws to secure to the table and is held in place with the existing thumbscrews which secure the feet.
- Give the table a slight additional back tilt again helping avoid any chance of falling forward.
No video. Suggest a video.
- 02/05/2017 – version 1.0 released